Monday, December 28, 2009

Six Weeks and Finally Feeling Good

It's now six weeks since the surgery to replace my right hip and I am finally feeling close to normal. I shook the Vicodin about two weeks ago and went through an uncomfortable week of withdrawal. Then about two days I ago I gave up Tylenol (I had been taking 3g per day). I've had only one 500mg Tylenol in the past 48 hours.

Today is the first day since my surgery that I can say I feel right. I am using a cane to assist the left hip but am quite ambulatory.

Physical therapy is helping quite a bit. Found a great therapist who spends about 15 minutes moving, pressing, etc., after a 45 minute routine of machine and stationary exercises.

So, the good news is I feel good. Looking forward to getting the second hip done and moving on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment