Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Surgery


Surgery went well, about 90 minutes, beginning at 6:00 p.m. Tuesday evening. Pain management is a high priority at HSS and that has been evident all through my experince here.

Unfortunately my anesthesiologist vetoed a bi-lateral about an hour prior to surgery which was a big disappointment. So I am hoping to get the second hip operated on in early January, if possible.

Where I go from here is up to Oxford, my health insurance provider. Best case would be Helen Hayes, an acute care rehab facility in Rockland county. I am hoping that Oxford will approve it.

I am resting comfortably and hope to be discharged Saturday. A big "Thank you" to everyone who wrote, called, expressed interest and concern, or even just thought about me.  I am fine and will be as good as new soon.

This is my final entry in this blog. The rest will be merely rest and rehab. So I am signing off. This post is my 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment