Monday, November 16, 2009

T Minus 11 Hours and Counting

Well today I received my hospital arrival time (10:30 a.m.) and surgery time (1:30 p.m.). I am very positive about this, very calm, looking forward to getting better.

Today's food intake was limited to non-fiber light eating: corn flakes, skim milk, cottage cheese, turkey and Cling peaches (reminiscent of Edith Bunker anyone?). Tomorrow will be clear liquids only.

I've downloaded "The Essential Willie Nelson" and some Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash podcasts to my iPhone, as well as a few new games, Scrabble (terrific) and iBowling being the best. Both allow interactive play with someone else on the Internet, so I ran a shakedown Scrabble game with my brother Steve. To say that I was thoroughly whooped would be an understatement. Despite a respectable mid-200 score on my part, Steve was bumping up against 400.

When I played the game alone against the iPhone's CPU, I noticed something quite unfair. The CPU has access to and uses every word in the dictionary, including many I never heard of. On the other hand, when I use words that the CPU never heard of, they are rejected. Now I ask you, is that fair? Hmmm.

I packed a small bag with some baggy p.j.'s, toiletry items, socks, a shirt and a sweatshirt (the latter two being TRIAL.COM logo products, of course). Tomorrow is the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment